TrustedHousesitters app release notes
Improve the copy for app release notes. This is to make sure they better reflect the new brand persona and give useful information.
- Review and audit the previous release notes
- Discuss with the Development team
- Research release notes from other companies
- Collect information on the limits and rules for publishing notes for Android and iOS
- Draft various versions to explore how the tone of voice can be used
- Pair write the first new release note with the Development team's Scrum Master to get a full understanding
- Record specific decisions in a reference document
- Publish the release notes with the app update
- Develop a process to continue writing the release notes in time for each app release
Clearer release notes that also show off the brand's voice. The give actual, specific information on what's new and what's been fixed. These funner notes also give something extra to those who take the time to read them.
I also produced a release notes style guide from the findings. This means the Development team can write their own notes when I'm not available or there's an emergency release.